If you have been participating in a plant based month, I would love to know how you have found it? What have been your favourite recipes or discoveries? Have you noticed any health benefits you would like to maintain for the rest of the year?
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 vegan black pudding
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the peas for 2 mins, drain and refresh with cold water to retain their vibrant green colour.
- Blitz the peas, 1 tbsp oil and plenty salt and pepper with a stick blender, until you get a rough puree, then leave to one side whilst you cook the mushrooms and black pudding.
- Cut the mushrooms and black pudding into thick slices. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until browned, then put to one side of the pan.
- Add the black pudding to the pan, with more oil if needed and cook on each side for 5 mins till it is nice and brown.
- Reheat the pea puree either in the microwave or in a pan, then put three to four blobs on each plate, top with black pudding and arrange the mushrooms on top and around the plate. Drizzle with a little more oil.
The Vegan Olive says ‘I also made this dish with shitake mushrooms, which I think makes for an even better dish, but it’s a cracker whichever mushrooms you use!’